Routine Analysis: $15 per sample. Includes pH, lime requirement, organic matter, phosphorus, potassium, and nutrient recommendations.
Optional:Calcium + Magnesium: $3 | Boron: $3 | Zinc: $3 | Manganese: $3 | Sulfur-Sulfate: $3
Forms & Instructions:
Instructions for Sampling Field Soils (A2100)
Analysis and Reporting
Your soil test report will provide an accurate index of the level of available nutrients in the soil; indicate the degree of nutrient deficiency that may exist for the various crops grown; suggest how the deficiency might be corrected; and provide the results in a meaningful way so that you can make the appropriate decision as to what nutrients to add. View a sample report.
Laboratory analysis will include soil pH, percent organic matter, phosphorus and potassium. Additional secondary and micro-nutrient analysis of calcium, magnesium, boron, manganese, zinc and sulfur are also available for an additional charge.
Additional References & Resources
- Nutrient Application Rate Guidelines for Field, Vegetable, and Fruit Crops in Wisconsin (A2809)
- Sampling Soils for Testing (A2100)
- Management of Wisconsin Soils (A3588)
- Nitrogen Application Rate Guidelines for Corn (MRTN)
- Supplemental Nitrogen to Corn Price Ratio Calculator
- Wisconsin Soil Test Summary Data